Training is often thought of as being a single event, isolated from business needs – such thinking fails to see the whole picture.
Training needs to be a systematic process which begins with analysing the training requirement in the context of business demands, and leads on to designing and delivering appropriate training solutions and evaluating the relevance of the learning to the organisational needs.
Who will the course benefit?
You will benefit from this course if you are new to training or if you already have a responsibility for training and want to improve your existing training skills and techniques.
- Helpful attitudes and values for trainers
- Key elements of training
- Setting objectives
- Learning styles
- Communication skills
- Handling challenging people
- Giving feedback
- Evaluating training
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the systematic approach to training and development
- Select the appropriate training method taking into account individual learning styles
- Design effective learning material
- Develop strategies for building rapport and managing group participation
- Identify your own personal style as a trainer
- Learn how to evaluate training back at the workplace and at an organisational level
- Explore the future for training
- Consider your own continuous professional development