On this one-day course we explore how to flex your individual communication style to influence and motivate people in different arenas and with different personality types.
Communication can and often does go wrong, in so many ways. Fortunately, a little understanding of the communication dynamic can help you to have the impact you want.
During this session, you will learn how to:
- Build rapport
- Keep a conversation going or close it down
- Deal with assumptions
- Handle different personality styles
- Understand, and know how to apply, different theories of influencing
- Understand how to get key messages across clearly and concisely
- Learn how to change your attitude to change the impact you have
- Learn what motivates you and others
- Gain strategies for mediating and handling conflict effectively
We all have patterns of behaviour around communication and influencing that may or may not suit all people or circumstances. we can’t change other people, but we can change our own behaviour to create a different impact.
On this course we aim to give participants an awareness of the communication dynamic and the influencing styles they already use, exploring how effective their current patterns are in different circumstances. we provide practical tools and techniques to support different choices in communicating, motivating, influencing, and persuading others.
Building on current and time-honoured theory, we demonstrate how to improve your interpersonal skills and increase your ability to communicate effectively.