Half day – 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
To engage all team members to work towards one vision and to devise a plan on how best to achieve this.
Who will the course benefit?
New and existing Team Leaders and Team Managers who are responsible for gaining results through other people.
The day will start with a SWOT analysis this will be charted and I will type up the outcomes for you.
The next session will build on the current SWOT by looking at a PESTLE Analysis. This may prompt new skills required either now or in the future. Again this will be charted and so therefore I will be able to type up the outcomes.
The most important part of the day will then come from the group identifying something from the SWOT that they would improve and come up with a GAP Analysis on what and how they would do to change it. I am confident that one of the weaknesses may appear as communication and they will come up with the idea on how they would address this.
The whole ethos of the day is to get them to work together and to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Complete a team SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis
- Complete a PESTLE analysis (Political, Economic, Social, Technical, Legal, Environmental) and identify the skills required now and in the future
- Complete a GAP analysis – where we are now and where the team would like to be formulating a list of new ideas
- Create a communication plan on how to develop new ideas from the team and to improve communication going forward.
- Know the difference between groups and teams and then get them each to complete the Belbins exercise and to explain how a team needs all sorts of different people for it to perform effectively.