Meetings are a necessary and important part of management and the aim of the course is to make them more constructive. We show people how they can chair meetings successfully as well as become more productive participants. They will also learn how to prepare more effective agendas and purposeful minutes
Who will the course benefit
This course is aimed at directors, chairmen and senior managers from all sizes of organisation and from all sectors, including small and large companies.
- What makes an effective meeting
- Types and styles of meetings. Do you need a meeting at all?
- The roles and responsibilities of the meeting chair and of other people at the meeting.
- Key skills for effective chairing
- Questioning and Listening
- How to deal with difficult people
- Leading a group that meets on a regular basis
- Addressing behavioural competencies:- Working with others, communication, leadership
- Create structures for effective meetings
- Understand the group dynamics in a meeting
There are practical exercises throughout the day and delegates are given opportunities to practice their skills. The programme is a mix of formal input, group discussion and skill building. Delegates chair a meeting, and receive feedback from observers
This course can be tailored to the requirements of an organisation, using their standard documents and procedures where necessary.