This workshop aims to boost your confidence and give you practical tools for communicating more effectively. To increase awareness of the choices you have and to develop the skills of being assertive when appropriate.
Who will the course benefit?
This workshop is for anyone who needs to influence others and manage their relationships at work more effectively.
By the end of the programme all delegates will be able to:
- What is assertiveness and what are the benefits?
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive or submissive behaviour
- Exploration of why people behave the way they do
- Why we feel the way we do – the importance of perception
- Using assertive and positive language to make your message clear
- Tools and techniques for effective communication
- Moving from yes to no
- How to use your body language to reinforce your message
- Confronting common problems that occur in the workplace
- Resolving conflict – dealing with difficult people
- Giving and receiving critical feedback
- Establishing your goals and a plan of action for implementation on your return to work
This course will enable delegates to:
- Recognise different behaviours and their positive and negative aspects
- Identify barriers to assertive behaviour
- Apply assertive behaviour in the workplace
- Use body language to aid assertive communication
- Manage potentially difficult people and situations with confidence and skill
- Describe the skills involved in giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Build a realistic action plan to take back to the workplace