To look at the structure of meetings, and how to make them more effective.
Meetings: Why have them?
- What can meetings achieve for us?
- To meet, or not to meet, that is the question…..
- 5 bad reasons for a meeting , What goes wrong and why?
- What effect does this have on the organisation? , What goes well?
Meetings: Theory V Reality
- Review of the traditional and modern meeting ‘roles’
- Expectations and responsibilities
- Predicting relationship interaction
- Your scores and what they mean in your relationships
- What is conflict?
- The 3 flags of conflict
- The meeting agenda Minutes? What minutes?
- The differences between the ‘ideal’ meeting and reality! Closing the gap
Planning Effective Meetings
- Achieving maximum results in minimum time
- Planning tools to make life easier ,Who, what, when, where, how, why?
- Planning the ‘perfect’ meeting, Achievable meeting objectives
- The key to shorter meetings, Giving in order to receive
- Proactive communication, Tips and techniques for planning meetings
- Feedback Putting it into practice: Planning a time-restricted meeting
Meetings: The Human Element
- Starting on time, Dealing with lateness and interruptions
- Recognising negative behaviours.
- Tackling negative behaviours and promoting positive ones
- Recognising barriers to an effective meeting
- Verbal and non-verbal communications
- Tips and techniques for running meetings. Controlling your meeting
- Putting it into practise 2: Controlling a meeting
- Why minutes don’t have to be painful
- Actions and progression
- Getting results
Back To Reality
- Planning for future meetings