Who will the course benefit?
Any managers with limited experience of managing people and/or conducting performance reviews. Potentially all Managers could benefit from the workshop which would ensure a consistently high standard of review at that level.
By the end of the programme all delegates will be able to:
- Fully explain the reasons for having a performance management system – its components, how it works and its benefits to reviewees, reviewers and the organisation as a whole.
- Explain the benefits of effectively and consistently managing performance.
- Prepare evidence and documentation to carry out performance reviews.
- Assess individual performance objectively and accurately using relevant guidance, guidelines and materials.
- Demonstrate skills required for conducting effective review meetings to motivate their people.
- Plan for the future development of team members.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Prepare for and complete effective appraisals with their own team members.
- Explain the importance of having an appraisal system and how it supports the development of individuals as well as playing a key role in succession planning.
- Manage any concerns or queries about an appraisal system and know how to create buy-in from their team members.