To ensure that delegates have the confidence and self-belief to deal with situations outside their comfort zone. To ensure that delegates can influence a situation or person with more self-confidence and personal impact by using effective communication skills.
Who will the course benefit?
For people who lack confidence or self-belief in a work or social environment. This course is suitable for people who struggle to communicate and come across with confidence and personal impact.
Understanding why you lack self-confidence.
- Seeing how you look and sound (practical exercise opportunity to be filmed and use video feedback optional).
- Discovering how others see and perceive you.
- Exploring the strengths and weaknesses of your natural communication style.
- Adapting the way you communicate to deal confidently with a particular person or situation.
- Making the very best first impression when you meet someone for the first time.
- Setting focused objectives in your work and personal life and challenging yourself to think positively.
- Knowing how to inspire and motivate yourself.
- Feeling more comfortable when speaking in front of a group at work or socially.
- Identifying and dealing with distracting body language or verbal habits.
- Converting nerves or anxiety into positive traits that help rather than hinder you.
- Demonstrating that you CAN communicate and act confidently! (Practical exercise).
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses as a listener and linking this to the way you are perceived by others.
- Managing and dealing with interpersonal conflict assertively and sensitively.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Feel that their self-confidence and self-belief has been boosted significantly.
- Be able to act and look confident when necessary.
- Know how to adapt their communication style to influence a person or a situation.
- Be able to use their physical presence and body language as an effective communication tool.
- Be able to make the best first impression and to introduce themselves confidently.
- Have the self-control to manage their nerves or anxiety.
- Be able to deal with conflict positively, confidently, diplomatically and professionally.
- Have the confidence to say “No” when appropriate.
- Feel more motivated and positive and understand the importance of having focused personal objectives to achieve.