2 day workshop
Coaching is an essential skill in most organisations which, done well, can add significant value to individuals and the organisation.
This programme will give you a good understanding of coaching if you have no formal experience and develop your coaching and feedback skills to have a positive impact on the development of others, increase their competence and confidence, and in turn improve relationships and results. It will also help you to understand what drives human behaviour, and gain some insights into how you might improve the performance of difficult people.
Who will the course benefit
This course will benefit Managers, supervisors and anyone who would benefits from utilising coaching skills as part of their role.
- What is coaching and why bother to coach?
An introduction to coaching. what is coaching and what the benefits are.
- Coaching style
Different coaching styles and when they are appropriate to use. An appreciation of our own preferred style and tips for becoming more flexible
- The Learning and Development Cycle
Understanding the Learning & Development Cycle and where coaching fits.
- Learning styles and adapting your style to achieve results
Using learning styles to enable more effective coaching outcomes.
- Performance Levels
The four different performance levels and the challenges associated with each.
- Coaching difficult people
Some insights into what motivates people at work, and some tools to engage individuals and develop their performance
- What drives behaviour?
An exploration into what drives human behaviour
- Steps to effective coaching
Understanding the steps that need to take place to make coaching happen, and how to develop effective coaching relationships.
- Rapport skills
Techniques for building and maintaining rapport
- Questioning techniques, listening & giving information
How to use questioning and listening techniques in coaching and how to recognise when to give information and how much.
Feedback; what is it, why use it and a model for good quality feedback. A framework for giving effective feedback.
- Setting SMART coaching objectives
Ensure objectives are set and how to set them effectively.
- The Grow Model
The Grow Model and how it used to ensure coaching is effective.
- Practical Coaching Sessions
Practice session throughout the course with feedback to try and develop coaching skills.
- De-brief exercise, learning points and development planning.
Development planning for delegates to aid the implementation of coaching into their roles.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Explain the role of coaching and the value it adds to all involved.
- Know when coaching is the most effective development method.
- Identify the appropriate coaching style and techniques for each situation.
- Understand how adults learn, and the impact of our own preferences on others
- Appreciate different performance levels, and gain some techniques to motivate and improve performance.
- Understand what drives behaviour
- Develop effective coaching relationships
- Build rapport easily
- Utilise effective questioning, listening and other communication skills in coaching.
- Set good quality objectives
- Structure your coaching sessions and deliver good quality feedback.
If you would like to book onto a course or find out more information please fill out our contact form or call us on 01454 203 355.