How this course can benefit you:
Organisations and individuals establish their credibility with professional and well written correspondence. From basic grammar to tone and style, business-writing skills are essential for individuals at every level in today’s communication driven organisations.
This course is designed for everyone who is looking to save time and produce accurate and professional business correspondence with confidence. This course provides delegates with immediate and practical guidance on how to communicate effectively and professionally through written communication. From planning to final proof-reading, delegates will quickly develop their writing skills and confidence, learning how to improve their emails, documents, memos and reports.
- Provides a thorough understanding of the basics of grammar (basic-advanced level)
- Detecting and correcting poor grammar and punctuation, ‘rules’ you can break
- Plan, prepare and write with greater confidence – improve writing and consolidation skills
- Punctuation, verbs, clauses and sentences (verbal nuances – may/might, should/would)
- How to use commas, semicolons, colons, dashes, apostrophes and hyphenate shall/will, that or which, relative clauses
- Construct documents, memos, emails and short reports that get results
- Produce written communications that relay your message to the recipient in a positive, professional and persuasive manner
- Adapt your writing style to suit the nature of correspondence whilst achieving clarity and brevity
- Write accurately and professionally, avoiding unnecessary jargon or clichés
- Avoid common errors and use sentences, paragraphs and punctuation correctly and effectively
- The dangling participative and other structural weaknesses
- Split infinitives and other bugbears
- Sailing the 7 C’s of business writing