We often hear record-breaking athletes say; I owe it to my coach; That’s because however talented they are, athletes need a coach to improve their performance and competitiveness. Likewise, Companies and Organisations need to create a culture where coaching and feedback occur as a routine part of each day. Towards this strategic end.
- This innovative and motivating course, explains a structured approach to coaching which is effective whether a manager is working with a new recruit or seeking improvement from an experienced player.
- Being less of a boss and more of a coach is fundamental to modern management.
- Urging people to do better won’t work unless they know how to do it better.
- Good coaching builds trust and collaborative climate between manager and team.
- This process involves helping individuals to discover the power, of personal attitudinal motivation and consequently, significantly improve their personal and team performance.
It is essential for effective leadership to understand that –
- Coaching and equipping, is one of the most important acts of leadership.
- Successful managers recognise that to get things done cost effectively they must ‘grow’ people to their full potential.
- Outstanding performance must be drawn from every member of the team.
- This requires clear direction, feedback and personal empowerment.
The Course will be presented in a highly inter-active manner, with a very impactive presentation style.
Together with your fellow participants, you will bring a wide variety of experience and resources to the programme. your programme facilitator will help you learn for yourself and assist you as you make sense of new ideas and techniques that you can use at work. We learn things as we try them out, stepping out of the zones that we find comfortable. You will have plenty of opportunity during the workshop to experiment and try out new skills and understanding.
Organisations change only as much as individuals within them change. This workshop will offer clarity to each participant on how to consciously influence themselves and others so as to create productive behaviours that lead to optimal personal impact.
Optimise your own and others in your organisation personal productivity and personal enjoyment. Promote enhanced job productivity, job satisfaction and pride
- Supporting organisational excellence
- Supporting staff development
- Creating a positive coaching environment
- Using motivation to influence and inspire performance
- Leading people and helping them excel via empowerment
- Developing pro-active, self-managing employees
DELEGATES WILL LEARN
- Why coaching and motivation is so important.
- What coaching is (a set of interpersonal skills) and what it isn’t (telling others what to do).
- What 21st. Century Leadership requires.
- How to set the scene and prepare for coaching.
- How to be supportive and approachable.
- When to give advice and when to be natural.
- How to motivate yourself and other Staff.
- How to coach top performers.
- How to equip others with peak performance skills
- What is required for Leadership empowerment.
- How to develop pro-action plans.
Day 1 STRATEGIC EQUIPPING FOR LEADERSHIP
- Changing Manager’s roles.
- What is real Leadership? How to equip Leaders for excellence.
- The pursuit of excellence.
- Developing key management competencies to create excellence.
- 12 Ways to develop your Staff potential and talent.
- The Manager as a Change agent.
- The need for peak performance.
- Activators, Behaviours and consequences.
Day 2 THE MANAGER AS A COACH AND MENTOR
- What is coaching?
- Why is coaching so important?
- Making the transition from Manager to Coach.
- Qualities and attributes of a good Coach.
- Develop the Coaching Model.
- What does coaching achieve?
- Select the appropriate coaching style.
- Arranging a coaching session.
- Use the “GROW” model.
- Making appropriate attitude adjustments.
- Coaching the subconscious mind.
- Develop appreciation within and without.
- Creating personal empowerment.
Day 3 THE COACHING / MOTIVATION PROCESS AND SKILLS
- The importance of handling change
- Understanding the significance of personal and team motivation.
- Setting action orientated performance goals
- Working your own goal setting strategy.
- Developing efficient Time management.
- The importance of essential Listening skills.
- Improving your ability to make decisions.
- Choosing Pro-Active leadership.
- How to be pro-active in your relationships.
- How to apply Persistence Performance.
- Essential coaching and motivational qualities to achieve top quality performance.
If you would like to book onto a course or find out more information please fill out our contact form or call us on 01454 203 355.