In today’s competitive environment, organisational success is increasingly dependent on the people and teams within. At its best, a team can be far greater than the sum of its parts – at its worst in-fighting and lack of clear leadership can have a detrimental effect on productivity.
Those present will learn from a real-life story about leadership and teams in the most arduous and trying of circumstances – and will be encouraged to make their own connections between this story and the challenges they are facing in their day-to-day working lives.
This two-day interactive and practical workshop will help participants appreciate group dynamics, and how to manage the different personalities involved in order to get the best out of their teams. They will be encouraged to relate theories and principles to their own working lives, and to prepare an action plan of what they plan to do differently as a result of the programme.
Participants will gain some valuable insights into how to develop and motivate teams, and how to create a culture of success. They will also learn a great deal about themselves and the people around them
Who will the course benefit?
This course is designed for team managers and leaders who would like to understand more about how to get the best out of their people and teams.
- Make their own connections between the lessons learned by a skipper developing and leading a high-performing team in the BT Global Challenge, and the challenges they face in their working lives.
- Understand and balance the diverse demands of team leadership, and understand when to adapt their style to suit the occasion and the individual
- Identify the building blocks which need to be in place for successful team development
- Create an inspirational vision of success and communicate this to their teams
- Appreciate the importance of clear contracting with regards to team culture.
- Identify different patterns of thinking, and adapt their approach to suit a variety of people
- Understand more about what motivates different people and how to apply some practical tools to engage and motivate their teams
- Feel more confident when handling difficult situations
- Become more aware of the different strengths that individuals bring to teams, and the importance of ensuring that everyone is valued and included
- Follow a process to plan for successful interaction with individuals and teams.