2 days non residential
The Power of positive influence is an ever increasing requirement for today’s successful business leaders and managers. Recent studies have highlighted that those organisations that are enjoying excellence in their market segments tend be organisations where there is an authentic culture of open, and honest communication at all levels.
The competence to influence with integrity is therefore a key behaviour which all successful business leaders need to hone and develop.
To influence effectively one must be assertive, and it is therefore essential to both understand the true nature of assertive behaviour and recognise the associated rights and responsibilities.
Who will the course benefit?
This course is designed for anyone involved in influencing and persuading from any business function
Is any prior knowledge required?
By the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of effective influencing
- Develop productive working relationships built on trust and mutual respect
- Use effective questioning and listening techniques to understand others
- Use different influencing styles by adapting their behaviour and communication
- Understand the nature of assertiveness
- Adopt assertive behaviour responsibly
- Identify and manage conflict and move towards co-operation
- Communicate succinctly and with impact.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Understand behaviour categories and how they impact on others.
- Identify the wide range of choices we have when seeking to influence others.
- Develop excellent communication skills
- Understand signals given from non-verbal communication.
Day One: Influencing for Success
- Personal Goals
- The Power of Positive Influence
- Highly Effective Business Communicators
- Influencing Styles – A Profiling Instrument
- Influencing Team Challenge
- Perception is all we have
- Assertiveness Questionnaire
- Understanding Assertiveness
- Case Study – Dr. Martin Luther King: I have a dream…
Day Two: Communicating with Confidence
- How to be Assertive
- Evolution of Personal Rights
- Communication Strategies
- Dealing with Organisational Conflict
- Communicating with Confidence
- Building Rapport & Developing Body Language Awareness
- Active Listening & Questioning Techniques
- Philosophy to Policy, Policy to Practice.
- Top tips for minimising excessive pressure in our lives.
- Review and Close