Telephone contact is often the first means of communicating with your customers. It is essential that this experience creates the correct first impression. People at all levels need to understand how communication works from the customer’s perspective and to get an understanding of the best way to approach individual customers over the phone. Without it few businesses succeed. Here is what our Call Handling Training course will cover:
- What is excellent customer care and why do we need it?
- Who are our customers?
- What’s in it for you?
- Understanding ownership of calls
Projecting a Professional and Competent Image
- The basics – it’s simple
- Communicate effectively in all situations
- Verbal communication
- What – no non-verbal communication?
Understanding Different Personalities
- What is your personal style? – a self-assessment
- Recognising other’s styles over the phone
- Communicating with other styles
Understanding Customer Needs
- Effective listening
- Questioning techniques and probing
- Summarising the conversation
- We need complaints!
- Ownership of complaints and problems
- Working with your customers, not against them
- Simple methods of dealing with complaints
- What is conflict and how to handle it
- Staying cool under pressure – dealing with your own emotions
- Dealing with others’ emotions
- Seeking a win:win resolution
If you would like to book onto call handling training course or find out more information please fill out our contact form or call us on 01454 203 355.